I also worked on the camera for ages trying to emulate Cave Story's cool inertia effect. I think it was coded pretty simply it's just that that game doesn't have to account for the player speeding up a lot so it didn't have the issues I had when trying to code it. So I made my own version of things that I'm pretty happy with. Maybe I'll change it later.
I also changed the size of the window on start up. We now have an interesting 1200x675 which is quite sexy but not nearly as sexy as full screen mode. The scale of Centure was a bit big for the standard 800x450 so I bumped up the screen size 1.5 times while keeping everything else the same.
I don't think I should create the first level until I have all the collision stuff fixed. Urgh.
Here's a screenshot of the platforms I've been messing around with to test out movement.
Lol I've just realised this entire blog is me talking about collision detection and not making a game haha! Well my original game was a complete mess so I'm glad I started again and now I'm ridiculously close to being done with collision detection that works on slopes! It's waaay better than what I started with!
Here's a new To-do list so I can have fun crossing things off: